ONE DAY BIRTH PREPARTION COURSE FOR COUPLES.
- SIGN UP HERE:
On this one-day course, you and your partner will get well prepared for birth.
This course focus on hands-on painrelief technics and breathing technincs for the birth & on the partners role before, during and after the birth.
The workshop/seminar focus on the role of the partner, before, during and after the birth.
The workshop will prepare You, as a couple to face the birth together, in a way where the birth helper/partner will take an active part in helping you – the two of you will become a team.
The workshop will involve both theory regarding the birth anatomy and psychology together with practical exercises, which, together with acupressure points and rebozo, can reduce the pain and help contractions be stronger and more efficient.
You will also be taught birthing positions that will open up the pelvis and make space for the baby and in that way, help you to deliver in a natural way.
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL GET:
- 6 hours of qualified training from a certified Danish midwife (read more about the midwife underneath)
- Rebozo: For both pain relief and to help the contractions to be more efficient during the birth.
- Acupressure points – pressure points at the body, to support the labour, for pain relief and to bring calm
- Reflexology: Points at the body, to support the labour, for pain relief and to bring calm .
- Theoretical and practical knowledge about the stages of labour, the baby’s rotation through the pelvis, together with the physiology and phycology in labour
- Information about the choices in birthing sites, homebirth vs birth in the labour ward
- Small classes with a maximum of 10 couples
- Pictures of the exercises and a audio-file with a relaxing body scan combined with breathing exercises for labour.
YOUR PARTNER IS A VITAL PART OF YOUR BIRTH
Research shows that women who feel safe and supported through birth get the best birth experiences. A supportive person, who can be at your side, guide you and actively participate in the birth, increases the chance of a good birthing experience. Good birth experiences provide strengthened families who get the best start on "their new life".
This seminar will make you stand united as a couple, and the birth partner will be trained to participate actively in the pregnancy process, during birth and in the postnatal time. The birth partner will, after participating in the workshop, have specific "tools" at hand, this way he/she will, as an example, be able to alleviate pain during the birth, and help to make the birth process progress uncomplicated - and if you feel like it, the partner can learn to deliver the baby.
FIRST PART OF THE DAY – FROM 09-11
- ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY OF THE BIRTH - theoretical and practical knowledge of the birth phases, the baby's rotation and the physiology & psychology of childbirth
- Birth Hormones - How Do We support the Natural Birth?
- CREATING OPTIMUM environment FOR THE NATURAL BIRTH
- CONTROL / LOOSE OF CONTROL - How do you handle the labour pain?
- PARTNER'S ROLE from the beginning of the birth to the baby is born and the time after.
- PREPARING THE BIRTHING SITE optimally, whether in the home or at the hospital.
- EXERCISES for relaxation during labour
SECOND PART OF THE DAY 11-15
- REBOZO: Specific techniques for pain relief & stimulating contractions during birth
- ACUPRESSURE: pain relieving & calmness
- REFLEXOLOGY: labour promoting, pain relieving & calming.
- BIRTH POSITIONS: how can the partner support the birth in positions that promote the baby's rotation & birth.
- BREATHING exercises throughout birth.
The teacher is both a midwife, body therapist (REBOZO & acupuncture) and a yoga teacher.
You will be served tea, coffee and water throughout the day. Please bring your own snacks and a packed lunch (there will be a break where you can buy a lunch at one of the surrounding restaurants).
Please bring a "rebozo". A rebozo is a long piece of fabric or a scarf. Not too wide and preferably over 2 meters long (HéLT also sells hand-woven rebozos from Mexico, which can be bought on arrival.
Wear comfortable clothes, and shoes that are easy to take off / on.
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Marie Schnack: Midwife and yoga teacher.
At HÈLT Marie is a midwife, teaches at our birth preparation classes and also offers private midwife consultations, including rebozo and acupuncture for pregnant, giving and nursing.